Pages

Friday, August 21, 2020

DFI Day 4. Data and Spreadsheets. Eeek!

Today was a little hard for me if I am honest. I have a data phobia! Combined with a ton of NCEA marking I found it rather hard to engage with some of the content today.

Google forms-adding pictures and file upload.
Today I learned how to add pictures to my forms! The rest of the content I mostly knew how to do but the pictures will make my forms look pretty now.

Google maps


I'm not sure if I will use this application but it seems pretty neat. All my previous experience has been with getting google maps to navigate for me while I am driving somewhere.



Google Sheets.


Overwhelmed a little with this. I did learn some neat things like how to create graphs from sheets and it has helped me progress from avoiding spreadsheets like the plague to actually seeing how they can be applied. I like how you can collect and sort data from your forms on spreadsheets, this is something I had not done before but will do from now on.


3 comments:

  1. Ka pai Haley. Thanks for sharing a great post. You may need to change your sharing settings on your MyMap so we can see it. Data is overwhelming at the best of times and certainly not everyone's passion, so good on you for giving it a go.
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Hayley,
    I agree with Nicola, well done, you engaged with data! Who knows, now that you know the possibilities you might even find a use for sheets and maps.
    A slight tangent. What about Story telling with Google Earth?

    Ngā mihi,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Haley, thanks for this post reflecting on your experiences. I am sorry you were having to mark NCEA while attempting a day with the DFI- that would be a tall task for anyone, let alone on the day we deal with data. However, college teachers deal with a lot of data, so hopefully you were able to get some extra support from our facilitation team during the week to help you get your head around more challenging aspects.
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete